2015年5月14日星期四

Easy Peasant Dress with Ruffles(free tutorial)

I love peasant dress since I was little. They are easy to put on and off, can be colourful, and very comfy. Made this dress for my friend's daughter, she loves it and put on immediate lol

Step 1, cut two of each pieces shown in the picture. Big pieces will be front and back, and two small ones will be sleeves. So if you cut the big ones longer, then you are making a peasant dress, otherwise will be a top. If you cut the small ones longer, you will then make a long sleeve top or dress, otherwise short sleeve. Easy, right?


Step 2, sew the two sleeves to the front piece, like shown in the picture.

step 3, sew the two sleeves to the back piece. 

Step 4, seam the front and back parts together.


Step 5, sew the side of the collar part like in the picture, to allow a elastic band go through. You can also just try sew the elastic band directly on the collar, but my sewing machine doesn't do very good on that, ( still try to figure out though), so I use a easy way. Just sew a tunnel to let elastic band go through.


Step 6,  put the elastic band go through like in the picture.

Step 7, sew some ruffles on the bottom. You can be creative here, sew as many rows as you want... I think it will be good with at least two rows. Anyway, I forgot to take pictures of how to make ruffles... It is super easy also, will try next time since they are my favorite decorations!


Now it's all done! Take literally about 2 hours to make. I actually hand sew the ruffles and seamed some parts since I don't bother using machine before bed. I enjoy some quiet "my time" sewing before bed :)

Also made some easy but cute little clips go with the dress. The friend's daughter loves the bow, isn't it easy but fun?

Anyway, peasant dress is a must-dry for sewers. Pick your favorite piece of cloth and go for it! Also you can be so creative to add some style into it, from flowers, ribbons, to ruffles, laces...Believe or not, whatever you do, it will turn out to be fabulous, I just know it :P

没有评论:

发表评论