2015年5月28日星期四

Girl's Quiet/busy Book

Recently we have been encountering troubles of keeping B quiet in the car. She's doing okay on a short ride; but if we drive for a day trip or so, just can't stop her screaming when she's tired or bored. We tried TV shows, cell phones,and new toys, but she's just different from her brother, who can fall asleep in his carseat at her age.
Well, being inspired by many fantastic moms' ideas, I decided to dedicate my craft time this week to make her a quiet book. I went into some great ideas on Pinterest, so I pinned them whenever I have time: waiting in line at the post office, short time before bed, rest after cleaning or cooking...Then when it comes my quiet craft time, I already have something in mind and can start right away. Thus, I don't have any templates, my pages are assorted and come from different resources,( I will try list all sources later here) and I changed and created some to better suit my 1 year old girl.
It is not only a fun project for the baby, but also for myself. As being totally fascinated with embroidery these days, I got to put some of my artwork on the front and back pages. I think B will also enjoy the colorful threads.
For the pages, if you look for quiet book templates there are way too many choices. However, before getting too passionate I calmed down and started to think what are my daughter's favorite. We all know our own kids the best, so some classics may work for one kid but totally useless for the other. Therefore, I believe a good quiet book has to be customized.
Then I realized as a 1 year old girl those tighting shoe laces, or the clock(a must have for quiet book though), or putting clothes on dolls are way too hard. She loves phones and beads, and taking things out of my purse. So I made these just for her.
Also I thought she would enjoy the ribbon knots and the busy bee since she loves picking up tiny little things. As for the animals, I made some before to attach on her stroller. Then I thought it might be fun to create a button animal page, I have enough to rotate and keep this page fresh. Also the idea is when she's older and have little lovey to take out with, I can attach it to the button page too.
I suggest to sew the beads or any small parts tightly since the little ones love to put them in their mouth.
Anyway, after this I know my next project, because I caugt E playing his sister's phone page ..."mom, I want one please!", I can already hear his voice:)

Front page.
Back
Animal buttons page
Purse page. I attached everything to a ribbon and left two ribbons for furture things to attach.
Shape and color page. I created this page.
Numbers. I also created this page. This is one of the easiest.

Phone page. Numbers can be moved around.

Busy bee. Got this idea from Pinterest but forgot exactly where... that book also has a fly with frog. Thought this better fit in a girl's book.

Ribbon knots. Also got inspired by another mom. 

Octopus with numbers. Also from Pinterest.

没有评论:

发表评论