2016年6月2日星期四

Dress Shirts Refashion----Various Ways For Boys and Girls

Shirt refashion is a quite popular thing right now. Somehow every family has old shirts that need some other way to reuse them... We are actually not fancy family since only husband wear dress shirts. Before in the States, he had company shirts all the time, and as we moved those were all in trash can. Singapore business people used to dress fancy, and their fashion is more like tailor made. So husband has several pieces of tailor made to wear everyday. If that's the case I wouldn't ever have chance to try those refashion things. But just so happened somehow we bleached his dress shirts by accident (by we I mean me), so I suddenly have about 5 shirts to play with.
First of course for my girl. I made several pieces of clothes for her. Peasant dress, the easiest start. This one is actually hand sew, but after I got the embroidery machine I added some deco on.



Then I made a romper, but measured wrong so it was a bit to short. She still wore it until she's 20 months though. 





And then a cute top. I love this one the most. I cut the flower embroidery from one of my old dresses and it just fit so perfect! I meant to make her a ruffle pants go with it, but never really did...







Then comes the boy. I tried to make my older son E a new shirt out of daddy's shirt, but realise I need to get some other supporting materials. So just be lazy, I resized daddy's shirt and it looks not too odd on him. He wore this one to a wedding and nobody realised it's a refashion shirt.




Finally for the youngest. I think this is one of the best. A shirt onesie. He can wear this with or without a diaper cover. I did some appliqué with initial embroidery as we hadn't chosen a name yet at that moment. The collar is newly made as well as I changed the buttons to add a little bit colour.  One of my favourites.


没有评论:

发表评论