2016年6月10日星期五

Refashion From All Kinds Of Stuff!!

As my sewing is getting a bit "famous" among friends and family,  especially the works I did with old shirts and stuff like that, some of them started "donate" to me their unwear clothes to support my hobby. My mom is one of the greatest as her stuff are usually very useful and easy to refashion. Such as the Cheongsam she gave me. And the piece below: you won't guess what it is from. This beautiful lace dress gown is from a TV cover. Don't ask me what is a TV cover because I didn't know this thing exist until she showed me the picture. It is a kind of cover you put over TV (silly explanation). Mom said she got it but never used it, as put it on and off are actually too much work as their TV is on almost all day...
Anyway, she gave this to me, a lace lover, and immediately I knew it would be great to turn into a little dress.
I didn't use anything else to do the work as it has plenty of materials to be used as liner and I just used an extra zipper from a cushion cover that not used anymore.





Afterwards one of my friends came over to visit, and brought total 4 bags of old clothes. No kidding, really 4 full bags. She's a beautiful little fashion star, so the clothes she gave me are literally quite new and pretty. As a young girl just got married but no kids, she has a closet that about to explode. So she said she picked some of the pretty dresses she had but can't fit in anymore and thought I would like to have them to play with.
Of course I won't refuse. I actually found some to be my temporary maternity clothes (they are just too new and pretty to be cut into pieces) and some of them I think would fit well for my kids, I worked on them one by one.

This is a shirt she gave me and I turned it into a two pieces. B does not have a lot of shorts, as I always like her to wear dresses or skirts. So this one is not a bad decision.




I turned this black cotton dress into a toddler shirt and a little black dress. Quite happy with them as I would never ever choose black for my daughter. Refashion is really simple. I cut the top of the dress into the size of my daughter's top, and just sew the side of it as the top already has buttons and everything on it. The bottom is a full circle skirt, so I sewed the shoulders together, and in the middle put a elastic band go through, and it gives the dress a very fluffy look.
She absolutely loves the dress and wears it a lot. It is a little bit too short as the skirt is that way. But a 2 year old shows a little bit of her diaper cover won't be too big a deal (as I said in another post:)


This pillow dress is also from one of the dress top she gave me. Also easy to work on.




I also made several little full skirts. This one has embroidery details on, B loves the birds. Top is from Tommy, color matches pretty well!


没有评论:

发表评论