2016年6月10日星期五

The Kitty Dress

After the bag post you may curious why I made all cat pattern for B. Because I used to call her "kitty" when she was a baby. Somehow I think she got some gene or habits or whatever from my cat, although she passed away way before B's born. For example, when we are all lying on the couch, she can just secretly sneak closer and closer, until you can realise it she's already on your knees or belly and lay there comfortably just like a cat will do! When she was a baby if I tickled her neck her giggles even sounds like a cat!
So if I have to choose an animal to present her, I would definitely go with a cat.
As nothing else to make for a while, I decided to make her a cat dress.
I have some cotton perfect for shirts or dress pants for boys, so I used the blue ones for my sons. And the pink one I thought I would make a shirt for B, but she really doesn't wear shirts... So I decided to make the dress out of it.
For the matching material at the top, I used to think it should be something contrast enough to be fun, like blue or green or even purple. But I didn't find one that I like, and pull out this little piece I paid $2 at Spotlight, and it matches so well!
For the cat detail, I was debating do my machine embroidery as I have a designing software that can turn pictures into patterns. But then I thought why not just hand sew... For me it might be even faster and easier.
So I did, it also turns out pretty well, just like I imagined!
As soon as B saw the dress she started took off what she had and insisted to try! Among all the cute clothes she has, this one is absolutely her favourite! No doubt:)




没有评论:

发表评论