2016年6月9日星期四

The Bags

I love purses. Literally I am a purse person and used to have a whole closet full of them. From Chanel to no brand, I would get the little lovely thing if the design hit me. Mostly I like the leather ones, as they are more durable and fancy. However, they are quite hard to make if you don't have the right tools.
So, I made fabric ones for my little one. When she was 100 days old ( a important "birth mark" for Chinese), I made her a little backpack used felt. It was way too big for her to use (of course at that time she doesn't need to use any bag), and mostly just for me to have some fun and be able to say, hey I made this for my daughter. But I did used it for a while as a little carry on diaper bag to hang on my stroller, it was big enough for 1 diaper, some wipes and some tissues.





But felt is a kind of material I won't use for bags anymore. Especially the one I used are mostly for crafts, so they got ruined quite easily. So when B gets older and really wants to carry a bag, I started to do some new work. I made her actually two kitty bags, one is a sling little purse with a cute cat body, but I can't find the picture anymore. The other one is shown below, a backpack with smily cat face. 
It is quite light and easy to clean, and actually quite easy to make. I used a piece of check fabric I bought from IKEA for $2, I think you suppose to use it for cushions or curtains, but it turns out just fine for backpacks!
B loves it and asked for it when we go out. It can hold her bottle, diaper, wipe and a small toy. I don't usually let her put so many things in her bag as I am worried it will hurt her little spine... But occasionally I will use it as a diaper bag and she can carry it when she wants. Mostly she just carries it empty as a decoration.

没有评论:

发表评论